Saturday, March 26, 2011

Yippeee.....a new baby

I learned a few months ago that my Grandaughter Becky is expecting a baby this summer. That will make me a first time Great Grandmother!!!!!!!!!!!!!Acckkkk. I can't believe I can possibly be old enough yet~lol~but I guess I am. And I'm so happy to finally have a baby in the family that I can design and make cards and gifts for. We just found out this week, that it's going to be a girl. Yay, that's what I was hoping for :D
I started this baby book before we knew it was going to be a girl, so I used neutral colors that would work for either. Now I'll be able to add touches of pink too. So far I only have the front cover completely finished. But once it's all done I'll share it with you in it's entirety.

The paper pieced bear is from Little Scraps of Heaven and was cut using my Silhouette machine. The flower is made with ColorBox card stock, that I punched out with a Fiskars flower punch and spritzed with water. While it was wet I balled it up, waited for it to dry and then carefully smoothed it out a little to form my flower.
I found such fun paper and embellishments to play with. These are from a local big box store here in Michigan. (Meijer)  Aren't they bright and cheerful? I'll use these on the inside pages.

The cute onsie embellishments I made from the paper. I found a cute background paper I loved and used a section of it to cut them out individually. Then I laminated them to make them more durable. They look like shiny 'store bought' ones. I'll use pop dots on them for added dimension.


The background paper is from Paper Studio.


I also had time yesterday to make a couple more projects. This first one is a cute bear.....er..bunny? that I made into a 'poke', that can be inserted into a flowerpot, or an easter basket. It would be so cute as a table decoration.
 I love his little bunny ears. This diecut pattern is from Treasure Box's Easter Collection.


I also cut a smaller version for this cute card front.

I love working with these cute  Easter patterns. Treasure Box Designs also includes patterns that you can cut by hand using scissors, if you don't have a die cut machine. I hope you've enjoyed looking. Leave me a comment, I love reading them. Have a great weekend.

No comments: