Saturday, September 10, 2011

I could never forget......

All week I've been watching memorial shows dedicated to the terrorist attacks against our country. Everyone says, "We must never forget". I don't see how that's ever possible. That anyone could ever forget. It will be ingrained into our hearts, minds and souls as long as we take a breath. It was personal. It was the worst thing to happen to our nation. I will never be able to not think of it every time the anniversary comes around each year. And I suspect, neither will anyone else.

This week the My Time Made Easy color palette is based on the American colors of Red ,White and Blue, in memory of 9-11 and it's victims.
This is the card I created for the color palette challenge.
I used the label from the Well Preserved stamp set, and paired it with the flowers and bee stamps from the Bee-Loved set.
The sentiment is from the Bee-Loved set too. I combined the flowers in the set to work together by manipulating the images in my software program. I love being able to add and subtract the images and use the parts I want. Sort of like creating a whole different stamp.
I do wish I had remembered to layer another piece of white card stock under the plaid paper. But by the time I realized it, I had already adhered the other layers. I'll blame it on a senior mind lapse.
Check out what the other design team members have designed for this weeks color palette challenge.You can play along too for chances to win a prize. You can find the details here.

2 comments:

Romaine said...

Karel, this turned out so pretty; I like the extra touch of lace as well!

velta said...

Karel ~ This is perfect! I love the way you added the extra flower...wish I had thought of that...LOL...my next post is using the single flower...Hope your day is a good one and thank you for sharing!