Monday, December 5, 2011

Reindeer Pillowbox

Just stopping by to show you this cute pillow box I created using a file from Treasure Box Designs.
The reindeer was a freebie file that was in Treasure Box Design's weekly newsletter a few weeks ago. The freebies are a great way to try your hand at doing paper piecing if you are a beginner and are wanting to try it out.
I cut out all of the pieces and then chalked them to add dimension. I also added a few highlights here and there using my white gel pen and my black Pentel Slicci (0.25 mm) I love that pen. I can get the tiniest lash lines with it. I order them by the dozen through Amazon, as during my classes they somehow keep disappearing~lol.
I ran the white mat and the pink bow through my Swiss Dots embossing folder, using my Big Shot. I then added the whole piecing to my pillow box. It will be perfect to hold a small treat or gift to give for Christmas.
Don't forget to get in on the Great Holiday Giveaway we are featuring over at Treasure Box Designs. There's still time to enter. You can read all the details by scrolling down a couple of postings below. Or visit the Treasure Box Designs Facebook fan page for more details.
And if you haven't already done so, sign up for the Treasure Box Designs newsletter freebies and try your hand at paper piecing. I guarantee you'll be hooked :)

1 comment:

Velta said...

Hello dear Karel!!! Love this little pillow box design! The image is adorable and your paper piecing is perfecto along with your coloring...I hope you and yours are doing well...I guess you have seen that I am in "semi" retirement from posting...just not enough time with working full time...I do plan on posting again, just not as often...when I retire, look out!!! Take care and keep up the great art work you are doing!!! Hugs ~ V