Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year to all of my family and friends. I hope you didn't party too hard last night :) My night consisted of watching a little tv, some snacks and of course working on some cute projects using Treasure Box Designs cutting files. Today I'm sharing two Valentine projects with you. Yes I know that Christmas was just here, and that February is a little ways away yet, but such is the life of a crafter~lol.

First up is this cute bookmark border I created using the cutting files from the Dream Collection Bears. 


I used the basic bear shapes from the kit, and added the lock and key in place of the other items included in the files. That's the great thing about the files from Treasure Box Designs. You can mix and match the pieces or do your own thing using the basic pieces from the files.
The lock and key are from Silhouette. I added some cut borders in pink and white for background accents and highlighted the shaded pieces with a white gel pen. These bears are just too cute!

My second project is a cute milk carton box that is perfect for holding candy treats, a pair of socks or footies or other Valentine goodies.
I created this project using the Beary Charming cut file and again changed things out to work for my purpose. I used the bears from the file and added the heart with the stamped message. A little bling and a bowtie and he's all spiffed up.

I added this little peeker bear to the back side of the box, and placed a tagged message in his paws instead of the original file, and he's good to go :) 


Try looking at your files to see how you can use them in so many different ways. Mix and match the pieces to come up with a one of a kind file, for a totally unique project. It's so much fun!

Be sure and get the adorable free file included in this weeks newsletter. Or you can also pick it up here. But be sure and sign up for the weekly newsletter, so you'll  not miss anything. Right now there's a 40% off sale on purchases of $8 or more so be sure and check it out!
Happy New Year and Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

Norah A said...

Thoughtful blog you have here