Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My First Easel Card

I won't complain about the weather today. It's pretty much the same story no matter what state you live in. So, instead I'll share my first ever easel card I made. I'm not sure why I was so afraid to try it. They look so nice when finished and are so simple, that I have to laugh at myself for being intimidated by it.


I will admit to cheating a little by using a template and my die cutting machine. But once I got the basic understanding of the folding in my mind, I realized how really simple it is.


And of course the best part of an easel card is that it can fold flat for mailing, and it can be displayed on a table top for a few days, as opposed to throwing it in a box in the closet. Or God forbid......tossing it in the garbage!

I hope if you haven't attempted an easel card that this will motivate you to try. There are all types of tutorials on the web to show you how. Just type it into your search bar or visit 'You Tube' I know you will be seeing more of them from me. Have a great day everybody.

3 comments:

Little Scraps of Heaven Designs said...

that is such a pretty card. I love the snowman image.
Tricia

Tammy said...

very nice, Karel! Love it!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Oh my what a beautiful card. I will look at the tutorial. This is a Stampin Up stamp?