Monday, June 20, 2011

Bumble Bears and Monkey Shines......

Having just returned from a weeks vacation, I had to scramble to get my projects done for this weeks newsletter. I missed my card making but had a wonderful relaxing time. But now it's time for me to get back to work!
I have a sweet great nephew with a birthday coming up and needed a bug themed card, so this cute little bumble bear pattern from Treasure Box Designs, really fit my needs.
 He's the peeking bear from their Unbeelieveable You pattern set. That set is one of my favorites! It's actually a Valentine's kit, but goes to show you how versatile this set is!
I cut out the red background paper using a cutting file I designed for my Silhouette machine and layered the gold card stock on top. I then adhered the paper piecing to the top layer with pop dots to give it some dimension.
I think he turned out cute and makes the perfect birthday card for a little boy.


Next up I have a cute monkey birthday card I made for my Mother's 86th birthday last month.
It was created using the monkey from the Treasure Box Pals pattern kit. I took the palm tree from another pattern I already had. I  drew my own sand pattern and added the computer generated greeting. (The inside says...and almost forgot your birthday!)
I think he turned out so cute and Mom loved the card!
Stop by Treasure Box Designs and see all of the new patterns that Dina has listed. She has some adorable new ones. I can't wait to work with them!  And her face stamps are currently on sale right now! If you're not good with making the faces, these are perfect and take all the guesswork out of placing the pieces on straight. I have both sets and love them! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: