Friday, August 19, 2011

Round Fall Owl Card

Before I go out to tackle my lawn chores, I wanted to drop by and show you this round Fall Owl card I created.
It was made using Treasure Box Designs Freebie Christmas Owl from last week. If you haven't signed up for the newsletter yet, you need to go do that. It's the only way to remember to grab Dina's freebies every week.
I just love her owls. I mean, I am mad for them. This was actually a Christmas owl file. This is my twist on it.... substituting the wreath in the file with a scroll pattern and the berries for leaves.
I wanted something other than a traditional square card, and I thought the round card worked just fine.The scroll pattern is from a Christmas card file from SilhouetteAmerica. I just changed it up to work with my Fall theme, by using earthy colored card stock.
The leaves were made using a Paper Studio punch and were punched out of paint sample cards from Lowes paint department. I love using the paint sample cards and they're free. And they come in ton's of colors. I always grab a bunch whenever I have reason to visit their store.
 Check out all of the newest Fall cutting files at Treasure Box Designs.
And don't forget to sign up for the newsletter if you haven't already. Thanks for stopping by :D

No comments: