Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Snowy Afternoon....

Winter has finally come to Michigan. I am bundled up in my comfy old sweats, listening to the oldies on the radio, and holed up in my craft room. I can't think of a better way to spend a snowy Sunday! Here is a cute card I made using an adorable snowman image from Primsy Doodle Designs.
 I don't normally do anything with purples or lavenders. But I really like the way this card turned out. I used Copic markers to color my image, and the background papers I used are digital papers that I printed out from Scrappin Doodles. I use digital papers a lot, because I can  print out an 8.5 x 11 size and split the patterns half and half on the paper. That way I don't have a lot of waste. And using my software program I can change the colors to whatever I need to match my colored images.
I backed everything with a pale green card stock, and added a little felt circle and heart. I like the added dimension you get by using felt. I think I may add a rhinestone to the heart for some extra bling. The sentiment is a stamp from studio g, that I picked up from Walmart for just a dollar.
I added a sheer lavender dotted ribbon to the side too. Doesn't he have just the cutest face?
Check out Primsy Doodle Designs cute primitive images. They are currently on sale, and you get not one, but a whole set of images for just a buck! Yep, $1, for beautiful, quality digital images, that you can use over and over again. You can flip them, resize them, do all kinds of things with them, that you can't do with a regular rubber stamp. Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful Sunday!

1 comment:

velta said...

Oh Karel ~ How adorable! I love your coloring on this little guy and the sketch is perfect, along with your choice of papers! TFS!